Traditional pancakes are filled with carbs, grains and a plethora of simple sugars & not something you'd consider healthy. In fact, eat pancakes regularly and you'll find your fitness results quickly disappear. However, this simple, wholesome, 3-ingredient pancake recipe is the exception. It's a pancake that you're able to enjoy without guilt.
Here's what you need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or ground cinnamon *optional
- Mash the bananas in a bowl (or blend in a food processor). Add the eggs, almond butter and flavor additions. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet. Lightly grease with coconut oil. Pour the batter in 1/4 cup scoops.
- Once you see bubbles form, flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with fresh fruit.